Over the years, folks have come to me for guidance on topics like LGBTQIA+ inclusivity and disability justice with the wedding industrial complex and beyond, into the realm of parenting, accessibility, and navigating self-discovery as an adult.
Despite imposter syndrome creeping up sometimes, I know I’m qualified to consult on these issues for the following reasons:
- I have the lived experience as someone who is queer, trans, disabled, and neurodivergent.
- I have +12 years of experience in the wedding industry, writing and speaking about topics like inclusivity and accessibility along the way.
- I’m the founder of Youthphoria, where I collaborate with trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive youth as a photographer and organizer.
- I’m the co-founder and co-host of Rainbow Connections—a free, virtual program for LGBTQIA+ kids and allies that meets monthly in partnership with the Abington Township Public Library.
- I’ve been a weekly crisis counselor volunteer with The Trevor Project for six years.
Some tangible examples of my consulting services include:
- Collaborating with an established children’s author to give insight on the development of a queer character.
- Organizing resources and insight to support queer youth and families, specifically around topics like gender identity.
- Sensitivity reading for LGBTQIA+ related content, whether it’s a website or piece of media.
- Working with organizations and brands to check for inclusive language and offer alternatives.
- Participating in a committee to review award applications and evaluate submissions for factors around inclusivity and diversity. (Priced per application.)
- Creating more trans-inclusive and accessible practices in our communities, whether in a classroom, wedding venue, medical setting, or something else entirely.
My consulting work is billed hourly, including preparation, the consult, and follow-up time. My hourly rate is $100/hour, with at least 10% of my income going toward my give back policy.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you’re interested in learning more about my consulting services.